Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pose Balls


I was out furniture shopping today, not really looking to buy anything, but I always like to look - and if truth be told, I usually buy. I made my way to an upper scale store - on first glance, it was love at first sight. The furniture had rich tapestries, appeared well put together, & I noticed some great accessories as well, so I excitedly ventured in.

I looked at a couple of living room sets, again, impressed with the patterns, and the over all appearance, but they had pose balls for seating. This is a pet peeve of mine, so I immediately dismissed the thought of purchasing, even though I really liked the set. I continued through the store, found another set that would look great in my living room - again, pose balls! Dammit! Talk about utter disappointment. All of the living room furniture had pose balls! I understand that at one time, this was the only option to get your avatar seated in SL; but now, there are new, improved methods of doing this.

Don't get me wrong, I love the beds with pink & blue pose balls - but that's another story.

While I haven't completely written off the store, due to those great accessories, and wall art.
I guess I expect a little more from designers to make their furniture unique, and not static in a world where there are so many choices, when a new store, with better options, is merely a click away.

~ S ~

1 comment:

Abfab said...

I agree, I am not a big fan of sofa's with poseballs either. Not when you can go out and buy your own poseballs. Now the sofa I have in our house has built in poseballs, but I adored the set so much I had to buy it. Furniture shops should consider making the poseballs on option. You can either buy a set with poseballs or a set without.